
So if anyone is keeping count I am up to 140 pounds. I have gained a total of 22 pounds. I am now at 28 weeks and counting. The baby has a strong heartbeat (160) and strong feet. I find enjoyment in playing with the little feet that push against me. I can feel it push and if I push back I can usually get a good kick out of her or him. The strangest phenomenom as of yet is getting up in the morning and having one side of my abdomen stick out a lot farther then the other. Normally one's stomach is symmetrical and every so often mine is defineltly odd shaped. I just push a little and the little one finds a much more comfortable position for me. I am not sure if you can tell from the picture but my belly button is slowly becoming an outtie. Curtis calls it the timer and when it pops it is done.

The most exciting moment of my apppointment was getting a Rhogam shot (NOT!!!) It freaking hurt!!!!!! Imagine getting a shot, okay not that bad, then feeling like something is burning inside your muscle. It is not fun and it is not a little amount of liquid. The shot is given just above the butt cheek in the muscle. I was not thrilled to say the least. I blame it on Curtis for being blood type O positive, I am B negative. So in the event that my blood and the babies blood mix during birth my body would make antibodies against a positive baby. Then with subsequent children if they were to be positive my body would attack it and eventually the baby would die. So I will suffer a shot (two total, one more to get) to prevent that from happening. In the meantime I will get sympathy points from Curtis!!!!
The baby is roughly just over 2 pounds and can open and close its little eyes and respond to noises and light. Hopefully it will be used to the dogs barking because I'm sure they aren't going to stop doing that anytime soon!! So that is the latest on my growing waistline. Only 12 more weeks to go!!
4 comments:
Lookin' good! Just let it bake a bit longer.
Oh my goodness Bec!!!!! You look so great! And so pregnant! OK... Now it's starting to hit me... Hehehe!
Awesome!
I look at your blog every week to see if there are any updates =) I was so excited to read this update and see your pictures! You look wonderful and keep on nursin' those sympathy points from Curtis =) Love ya, Renee'
Becky you look amazing! congratulations and thanks for posting! I love your pics and stories.
Erin
Post a Comment